Monday, February 22, 2016

An Interview with M.E. Franco!

An Interview with M.E. Franco!




Why do you write?
A: I write because I love it. It's always been a great outlet for my thoughts and ideas. Characters are always moving through my brain, and I enjoy telling their stories.

What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?
A: I've been writing poetry and short stories for as long as I can remember. I started several books, but I could never finish more than a few chapters. The summer before I wrote "Where Will You Run?, I was chatting with my sister and my best friend. We all loved reading paranormal romance/urban fantasy books, so I told them I had a few ideas of my own. When I shared my story ideas with them, they threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't write them. They picked the plot they liked best, and then they kept asking me for the next chapter and giving me feedback until the book was completed.

Do you write full-time or part-time?
A: Part-time unfortunately.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
A: Nighttime is my favorite time to write. It's quiet and dark, and it seems to be the time when my imagination is most active. I'll take whatever free time I can find though.

Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
A: Computer all the way.

Where do your ideas come from?
A: I get ideas from everything around me. Sometimes a good song will inspire a story idea, a beautiful picture, or tales from the lives of others.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
A: Those days when nothing comes out the way I want it to, and everything I write is garbage. Since I have a limited amount of time to write, I used to get so frustrated.  Then another author told me that even the bad days are good because you're writing. Even if you don't publish it, you're writing. The more you write, the better you get.
What is the easiest thing about writing?
A: Trusting my characters and letting them drive the story. Sometimes even I don't know what's going to happen, and that can be both frustrating and exciting.
How long on average does it take you to write a book?
A: It depends. If I could write full time, I could probably finish a book in three months or less. When I get possessed, I can write for hours without stopping.
Do you ever get writer’s Block?
A: Yes, grrrr.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
A. Luckily, I have very wise friends who have given me some great advice. Just write. Don't worry about your current project(s). Try writing a poem, a blog, a letter to a friend, anything to keep your brain going. Another great suggestion is doing research. I was stuck on Where Will You Hide?, and when a friend recommended that, I thought he was crazy. Not only did a I have a great time doing research for my book, but it gave me the ideas and inspiration I needed to move the story forward.



After writing poems and short stories for a number of years, I finally got brave and wrote a book which is the first of a series. It's a paranormal romance called Where Will You Run? I live with my amazing husband, 2 crazy kids, my dad, two dogs and the rest of the Franco zoo.

For more information about my books, please see my Amazon author page http://www.amazon.com/M.-E.-Franco/e/...

Twitter @MEFranco1 https://twitter.com/MEFranco1




When Hannah Miller’s mother dies unexpectedly, she is forced to go live with her father, who she thought was dead. Hannah has high hopes that her father will be happy to finally meet her, but Roy Miller quickly puts Hannah in her place. She is a burden, just another mouth to feed, and an ugly reminder of the wife who left him. 

Her father's act of desperation puts Hannah at the mercy of his enemies, the neighboring Scott family. Despite the bad blood between their families, Hannah is immediately attracted to Jackson Scott, but he has his own secrets and feels Hannah would be better off with someone else. When someone else does offer Hannah a way out of her predicament, will Jackson be able put aside his past and fight for the woman he loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment